Job Title: MEAL Officer
Job Type: Full time
Location: Turkey – Gaziantep
Reporting TO: MEAL Manager
Responsible for: MEAL officers and assistants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- University education in a relevant discipline preferred.
- At least two years of experience in an M&E, accountability, programme quality or related role preferably with a humanitarian organization.
NEEDED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strong conceptual and practical understanding of the role and purpose of M&E and accountability for international humanitarian organisations
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Strong capacity for M&E analysis and research
- Demonstrated capability to produce high quality monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning reports
- Ability to use MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- English language required; Arabic and/or Turkish desirable;
- Good organizational skills, time management skills, and an ability to prioritize multiple and demanding tasks
- Adaptable, self-motivated, willing to learn and take on extra duties as required;
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Monitoring and evaluation
- Facilitate timely access to monitoring results for programme teams through maintenance of automated analysis system for quantitative data , and through production of summary reports for qualitative information in a timely manner
- Participate in monthly project achievement review meetings with Programmes team and Grants review achievements and targets in the project log-frame.
- Design and test quantitative and qualitative data collection activities at field level.
- Oversee the implementation and coordination of M&E activities at field level
- Work closely with programme staff, establish monitoring plans, timelines and procedures
- Manage the day to day functions of Violet Community Response Mechanism, improving processes and procedures for handling complaints and feedback, and working with the CRM officer to establish a more robust approach to accountability.
- production of reports on M&E activities to support learning of project staff and facilitate any follow up.
- Document good practice examples and challenges of monitoring and accountability.
- Coordinate the collection and production of case studies
- Document lessons learnt and recommendations, and follow-up with programmes teams on the implementation of recommendations through the review meetings