Job Title: Project Manager
Close Date: 7/12/2017
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Turkey –Antakya /Gaziantep
Job code: VI-HR-REC372
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience. (Civil engineering is preferred)
- At least 3 years’ previous experience in managing projects with INGOs
NEEDED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Aware about humanitarian clusters. (CCCM cluster is preferred)
- Organisation, management and negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Prepared to work in tense situations and under pressure
- Honest and motivated
- Professional in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word etc)
- Excellent in English speaking and writing (C1 level)
- Excellent team player
- experience working on civil and WASH programmes
- able to work with minimum level of supervision
- Ability to quickly form relationships with community stakeholders
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works closely with Donor, follow up with all requirement and raise any issue to the program coordinator to ensure the implementation of project is going well. moreover, all updates and reports have to be sent on time as required, since s/he will be the focal point and responsible about the good communication with the partner.
- Works closely with related clusters, send all updates such as, 4Ws and liaise with coordinators to achieve better response, and be a key point of contact for other sectors and other organizations regarding to issues under the project.
- Works closely with implementing partners to oversee quality of work and provide technical support,
- Supervise and be responsible for project activity implementation in Idleb in line with minimum standards and best practices
- Responsible for compilation of project information and sharing regular reports and updates to the Program coordinator and relevant staff
- Manage the project team, developing weekly work plans, movement plans.
- Ensure correct beneficiary selection procedure and criteria are followed by project field staff
- Ensure any feedback from beneficiaries or target communities shared by Field staff are responded to appropriately or raised with program coordinator
- Support Field staff to prevent overlap of beneficiaries with other actors
- Coordinate with program coordinator to ensure Project and Finance/Logistics teams in Turkey know exact distribution timetable and beneficiary numbers so that cash/vouchers/in-kind assistance is available in the required locations at the required times
- Coordinate with finance staff and security focal points in field offices for timely distributions in line with security policies and procedures
- Ensure Field staff understand post-distribution monitoring and market price monitoring tools and processes and check the quality of information collected. Compile data and share with relevant staff in a timely manner
- Interact with logistics and security teams to ensure effective, and safe, project implementation (e.g. forecasting vehicle and casual staffing needs etc.)
- Invest in building positive relationships with the communities and raising awareness of our work; produce and submit weekly and monthly reports on project activities as required.
- building plans developed in coordination with the program coordinator.
- Report security incidents and any other issues or challenges in a timely manner to Violet Turkey team.
- Aware about minimum gender and protection requirement to make sure mainstreaming of protection principles during project implementation.