Title: Senior Media officer
Close Date: 23.01.2022
Job Code: VI-HR-PRF-2022-03
Location : Gaziantep OR Hatay
Job Purpose :
As senior media officer; You will responsible for (1) Creating and developing different types of content aligned with Violet’s Brand and guidelines; (2) follow up the implementation of social media strategy; (3) support the team with the daily tasks.
- Create, Develop and Design a high-quality designs & content for websites and social media (e.g. graphics, quote cards, infographics) duo to Violet’s style guides.
- Develop communication material and support internal and external outreach efforts.
- Help raise the overall standards of Violet’s visibility and guidelines.
- Improve and edit art-work, photos, visibility videos, posters, leaflets, brochures, charts and other graphic elements.
- Layout internal & external Violet’s reports, information sheets, presentation and other publication materials.
- Content creation & social media management:
- Lead the Implementation of social media strategy and highlight the organization’s impact.
- Manage the content of social media platforms to serve the objectives, strategies, and activities of the organization and work to increase the organization access to media channels.
- Writing and developing verses kind of content (Articles, social media posts, other types of content)
Team management & capacity-Building:
Follow up the daily tasks and give the required support to field staff and volunteers and provide on emerging updates, needs, and supervision the department activities, etc.
Note: the above mentioned key responsibilities / accountabilities are illustrative ones. Another future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job depending on the department organizational chart.
Qualification (Education/Work Experience)
- Institution degree in Public Relations, Journalism, or any related field in media.
- Two years of experience at least using Adobe program (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- one year at least of professional experience in the humanitarian field.
- One year of experience in creating content and managing social media channels.
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken)
- Advanced level in English (written and spoken)
· Desirable / arzu edilir:
- Bachelor’s degree in public Relations, Journalism or related discipline or related.
- More than 3 years’ experience in the humanitarian field focusing on communications, media or public relations
- 3 years of experience in creating content and managing social media channels.
- Advanced level of both English, Arabic, and good level of Turkish
- Implementation of Promotion campaign (Facebook, Google ads)
Core & Managerial Competencies &Technical
A. Core Competencies
- Stakeholders Orientation
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Technological Awareness.
- Planning and Organizing
B. Supervisor/Managerial Competencies
- Written and verbal communication
C. Technical Competencies
- Advance experience in using (Photoshop, illustrator, Indesign)
- Understanding how to deal with modern cameras
- Understanding the process of motion graphic videos and storyboard drawing
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Dealing and Managing cloud storage software
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Violet, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Violet is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
Violet expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Violet employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Violet.
- Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.