COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
:We collect different types of personal information in a number of ways, including
Contact information and identifiers
- such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, and email address in order to process your purchase, confirm your order and ship your merchandise. We may also collect this information from you if you call us, email, or sign up to receive our marketing emails, or utilize the chat/help feature on our website.
- Purchase information, such as the items that you purchase, your shipping address, and contact information.
Violet account information
- such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and payment card information.
Account information may also include demographic information about you, such as your age or birthdate, and gender. By creating a username and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to view and/or edit your profile, address book, payment methods, order history, wish list, and email preferences. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account login information.
- Preference information, such as your marketing preferences and merchandise interests.
- Geolocation information, such as the location of your device that you use to visit our Website if your device settings allow us to collect location information.
- Chat and call recordings, including information about your chat or call and any information that you share during these interactions.
Social Media Information
- We may also collect personal information about you if you choose to enable, log into, or sign on to Violet social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter (“Social Media Sites”). When you connect to our Social Media Sites, we may collect the personal information that you provide. For example, when you log in with your Facebook credentials, we may collect personal information from your Facebook profile, if permitted– such as your email address, profile picture, and friend list. We use this information to personalize the services we provide to you. If you do not want us to provide us with this information, please change the privacy settings on your Social Media Site accounts.
Device and browsing information and other Internet activity information
We use automated means to collect information about your phone, tablet, computer, or device, and online browsing activity. This information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. We use a variety of means to collect this information, including the following :
Clear GIFS: We may also collect information through the use of clear gifs (also called Pixel Tags, Web beacons, and Web bugs) on our Website and in selected email messages we send to you. These are tiny graphic files, not visible to the human eye, that help us analyze our customers’ online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our Website and our advertising. We work with third-party service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information, which may include your device’s IP address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us, and other technical information about your device. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to our site. We also work with third-party service providers that use tracking technologies to deliver promotions on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our Website and your interaction with our advertising and other communications.
o Not Track Signals: When a user turns on the Do Not Track preference in their web browser, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information we collect from you for various purposes, including to:
- Process orders.
- Send communications to you about our products, sales, and events.
- Serve advertising and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from third parties or us.
- Improve our Website, customer shopping experience, and quality of service.
- Enable our service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf.
- Communicate with you about changes to our Website.
- Comply with our legal obligations, policies, and procedures.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will not sell your personal information to any third party for money. We may share your information under certain circumstances with trusted third parties that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we may disclose your personal information to third parties, such as Shopify, that assist us as follows:
- To manage a database of customer information.
- To distribute emails.
- To process payments.
- To distribute other marketing materials or advertisements, including on our Website and the websites of third parties.
- To provide data storage and/or analytics.
- To prevent fraud.
We require our vendors and service providers to maintain the confidentiality of all information that we share with them and to use such information only in accordance with the obligations set forth in the agreements we have with them.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, government/regulatory bodies, and content protection organizations to :
- protect our legal rights, privacy or safety, and that of our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agents, contractors, or other individuals.
- protect the safety and security of visitors to our online services or other properties.
- protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes.
- comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders.and another legal process.
SALE OR TRANSFER OF ALL OR PART OF OUR BUSINESS OR ASSETS
Your personal information may be transferred in the event we sell or transfer all or a part of our business or assets. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with reasonable notice of such transfer, or as otherwise required by law.
To unsubscribe from our marketing emails, please email us at [email protected] . or simply click the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of any of the emails that we send you. Please allow us at least ten (10) business days from when the request was received to complete your unsubscribe request.
We implement a variety of commercially reasonable security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security of the personal information we collect. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, while we use commercially reasonable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Our Website is not intended for children. Violet does not knowingly collect any personal information or data from children under the age of thirteen and will dispose of any such information if we become aware that it has been provided to us. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to us in connection with our Website or Social Media Sites, please contact us at [email protected] so that we may take steps to delete this information.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides California consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information, including the following:
- the right to request access to the personal information we have collected about you.
- the right to request deletion of your personal information.
- the right to request disclosure of the categories of personal information we collect, the purposes for which we collect, sell or disclose that information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share the information
- the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request to us via email [[email protected]]. We may need to request additional information from you in order to verify your identity. We will begin processing your request once we are able to verify your identity, and we will respond to your request within 45 days of its receipt, or we will notify you if we require more time to respond. If we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request, we will not respond to your request. If we find that your verifiable consumer request is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded, we may charge a reasonable fee to respond to your request. We will not discriminate against you for requesting any of the rights outlined above.
N.R.S. 603A provides Nevada residents with the right to request that we do not make any “sale” (as such term is defined in N.R.S. 603A) of your “covered information” as such terms are defined in N.R.S. 603A. We currently do not sell covered information, as “sale” is defined by such law, and we don’t have plans to sell this information.
CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
- If you live outside of the United States, you may be able to purchase goods offered on our website with the help of a third-party, Global E (“Global E”). You have the option to provide Personal Data to Global E to process your orders or good through our website. Such information may be considered “Personal Data” in the EEA under the GDPR. Global E shares this Personal Data with us so that we may fulfill or process your orders, facilitate returns, and respond to customer inquiries. If you do not provide such Personal Data, Global E may not be able to process your orders, and we may not be able to fulfill your orders, facilitate returns or respond to customer inquiries.
GDPR DISCLOSURE/EEA RESIDENTS
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We process your Personal Data only if we have a legal basis for doing so, including:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, such as keeping our Website safe and secure and preventing and detecting fraud and abuse.
- for the performance of our contract with you, such as when you place an online order.
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, including sending emails to you about our products, services, promotions, offers, news, and events and improving our products and Website.
- where you have given consent to our specific use, such as when you sign up to receive emails about new products and sales
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Violet acknowledges that if you are an individual located in the EU, you have certain rights that you may exercise with respect to the Personal Data that we possess. For example, you may:
- request access to your Personal Data and certain information in relation to its processi.
- request rectification of your Personal Data.
- request the erasure of your Personal Data.
- request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data.
- object to the processing of your Personal Data.