Job Title: Project Officer
Close Date: 19/8/2017
Job Type: Full-Time
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
– University education in a relevant discipline preferred
– At least two years of experience in an M&E, accountability, programme quality or related role preferably with a humanitarian organization
NEEDED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of the role and purpose of M&E and accountability for international humanitarian organizations
- Very strong knowledge in Food Security programmes’ management, modalities, needs assessment, tracking and measurements methods along with the overall objectives of the food security cluster.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Strong capacity for M&E analysis and research
- Demonstrated capability to produce high quality monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning reports
- Ability to use MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- English language required; Arabic and/or Turkish desirable;
- Good organizational skills, time management skills, and an ability to prioritize multiple and demanding tasks
- Adaptable, self-motivated, willing to learn and take on extra duties as required;
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Monitoring and evaluation
- Facilitate timely access to monitoring results for programme teams through maintenance of automated analysis system for quantitative data , and through production of summary reports for qualitative information in a timely manner
- Participate in monthly project achievement review meetings with Program team and Grants review achievements and targets in the project log-frame.
- Design and test quantitative and qualitative data collection activities at field level.
- Oversee the implementation and coordination of M&E activities at field level
- Work closely with Program staff, establish monitoring plans, timelines and procedures
- Manage the day to day functions of Violet Community Response Mechanism, improving processes and procedures for handling complaints and feedback, and working with the CRM officer to establish a more robust approach to accountability.
- Production of reports on M&E activities to support learning of project staff and facilitate any follow up.
- Document good practice examples and challenges of monitoring and accountability.
- Coordinate the collection and production of case studies
- Document lessons learnt and recommendations, and follow-up with Program teams on the implementation of recommendations through the review meetings
Reporting and Grants Management:
- Preparing and reviewing weekly, monthly, quarterly and final narrative reports.
- Follow up the day-to-day distribution process and tracking the stocking status.
- Acting as a focal point with the field team, MEAL team and FSL team from one side and with the partner from the other side to share the updates.
- Taking the responsibility of starting the activities and findings on timely bases.
- Review and ensure the validity of the documentation cycle.
- Monitoring the budget to ensure that all planned expenditures are in line with the implementation process.
- Preparing all required PRs and follow up the procurement and delivering process as planned.
- Reviewing and saving all project’s documents to provide both the internal and external auditors with all required documents to ensure the property of the implemented activities.